A QUIET COUNTRY RETREAT ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Daphne P.
- Date of stay: September 2014
- The house is at the end of a lane next door to a working farm, but as you turn in to the courtyard you are totally private, the house facing away from the lane. Apart from the odd visiting chicken or small friendly dog, you wouldn't know. On the other hand, should you need anything Anne Marie is completely available in that lovely understated French way. We also had plenty of information about the house content & layout before we arrived, which was extremely useful.
The house is big, all the rooms a good size, very clean & well cared for, decorated with an eclectic mix of interesting items, but in no way cluttered. The kitchen was well equipped, and everything worked.
PASTORAL BLISS ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Hale T.
- Date of stay: May 2014
- I fell in love with France all over again in an entirely new way during my stay at Cap de Boueou. The setting is breathtaking--wild flowers, birds singing, bees buzzing. The owner, as well as his neighbors, was extremely helpful with house details, and provided excellent documents with suggestions for touring the area. The house itself is perfect for a large family or a group of friends. We had ample room for the five of us and could easily have accommodated more. The rooms are very clean, spacious and beautiful…The kitchen was well stocked for cooking lovely meals at home--the farmers markets, foie gras farms, and vineyards make cooking at home/on vacation so much fun. Oh, and the sunlight is incredible--perhaps it's perfect and extra-golden in May. I want to retire here.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Hervé P.
- Date of Stay: December 2013
- As we hoped, this Christmas was magical and tender. Cap ce Bouéou is simply ideal for a family to get together and hear the laughter of our children in a place that is synonymous with happiness! Cheers and Happy New Year 2014
TO BE CONSUMED WITHOUT MODERATION!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Agnes M.
- Date of Stay: October 2013
- Very beautiful vacation rental tastefully renovated, spotlessly clean, comfortable, ideal to enjoy nature and its products. Large interior space to share (each room has its own entrance). Ideal to stay friends after a holiday together ... and also very nice for 2! Everything was obviously prepared with care and thought to satisfy the guests. Lots of information and advice available to make the most of your stay and a quiet and attentive welcome from the neighbors. Near Marciac very nice for a coffee or a drink and to read the paper. Outdoor markets abound throughout the week for fresh produce and atmosphere.
SUPER! ★★★★★ | Helene P.
- Date of Stay: August 2012
- A week of discovery Gers and Jazz in Marciac. The house is comfortable and I'll want to come back next year for Jazz in Marciac.
A LOVELY PEACEFUL HOUSE
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Linda D.
- Date of stay: May 2014
- We spent a wonderful two weeks at this lovely house. The countryside was spectacular and we really enjoyed the peace and quiet. The house is very comfortable and well equipped. While being secluded the house offers an easy opportunity to explore the Gers and it's many secrets. We would be delighted to stay another time.
BEAUTIFUL HOME IN A GREAT LOCATION ★ ★ ★ ★ | Philippe V.
- Date of stay: August 2014
- Beautiful place beautiful well equipped house, the absolute calm and wonderful neighbors .... Need I say more?
A WONDERFUL RENTAL ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Helene R.
- Date of Stay: August 2013
- Very beautiful holiday rental where every detail is designed with taste and intelligence. The proportions are generous. The large garden, terrace and barn lends itself to a meal as well as a nap. One feels good, equally comfortable inside and out. The friendliness of the owner is matched only by that of its neighbors and make Cape Bouéou an ideal vacation spot.
HAPPINESS IS IN THE FEILD ★★★★★ | André D.
- Date of Stay: July 2012
- From the charm inside, the calm on the outside, and full day trips near by to discover the houses, abbeys and gardens of Biscay. The house has been tastefully restored. The garden is vast. Roads have no cars so children can run with confidence (but easy access by motorway from Bordeaux, Toulouse and Bayonne or airports of Pau and Tarbes). Of course there are Jazz festival in Marciac for a few days per year. But to organize a family celebration or discover at other times of the year the hidden treasures of the southwest, it is very suitable.
WE HAD A GREAT TIME ★★★★★ | John M.
- Date de séjour: juillet 2012
- Waking up in Cap de Boueou is a magical experience. The house has everything we needed. The jazz concerts in Marciac were a special treat.
BEAUTIFUL HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF NATURE
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Catherine M.
- Date of Stay: August 2013
- Big old farm house, tastefully renovated ... nice collection of old objects ... well equipped and comfortable house .... A large orchard for fresh air (and full of ripe plums ...). At the next farm, you can find fresh milk, eggs, vegetables .... The view of the fields and the nearby pond is beautiful ... and the Pyrenees (visible on a clear day). 10km from Marciac festival, it is a good choice for a good rest.